Headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona with over 500 employees, 4Front is a fast-moving national cannabis grower, distributor, and retailer with active operations in Illinois, Massachusetts, California, Michigan and Washington. Focusing on excellence, people, integrity, and courage, 4Front is building a responsible and people-focused company that consistently produces high-quality products, ensures access to cannabis through top service and affordable brands, and provides value through job creation and community engagement. From plant genetics to the cannabis retail experience, 4Front’s team applies expertise across the entire cannabis value chain.
The General Manager oversees the daily operation of the dispensary. This position requires a strong leader who is willing to grow, motivate, and develop their team, while providing exceptional service to our guests. The ideal candidate for this role is self-motivated, goal-driven, and people-oriented. As the leader of the dispensary team and the face of the company at the community level, this role requires general knowledge of all types of cannabis products, along with being comfortable speaking to large groups of people.
The GM serves as the dispensary’s “agent-in-charge” and must follow all procedures according to local and state guidelines. Priorities include the implementation of company policies, collaborating with Human Resources to ensure the needs of all employees are handled, maintaining statistical reports as they pertain to the operation, and representing the company professionally to elected officials, law enforcement, media, and the general public.
- Ensure the dispensary is in full compliance with local and state regulations
- Implement and manage all company and dispensary policies and procedures
- Oversee the hiring, training, coaching, and development of all employees in the unit
- Conduct feedback sessions with all staff while reviewing performance and setting goals
- Collaborate with VP to set, meet, and manage all financial and operational goals
- Partner with the Accounting Department to ensure all financial records and reporting follow compliance
- Create, run, and analyze management, inventory, purchasing, and financial reports
- Prepare and facilitate regulatory inspections and law-enforcement interactions
- Oversee and maintain all staff schedules based on the operational needs of the dispensary
- Work cross-functionally through the operation and maintain a hands-on “lead by example” approach
- Delegate, manage, coach, and empower the store’s leadership team to achieve an optimal performance
- Manage, troubleshoot, maintain all POS, inventory, and security systems ensuring compliance
- Ensure that all safety protocols and procedures are followed by all employees and guests
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of all store vendors, products/strains, and industry trends
- Screen, interview and hire all dispensary staff including: Associates, Supervisors and Managers
- Ensure guest hospitality is kept at the highest level
- General Manager experience, 2 years (preferred)
- Management Experience, 3 years (preferred)
- Retail & Guest Service Experience, 5+ years (preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business (or related experience)
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Advanced Math and Computer Skills
- Dispensing Organization Agent Identification Card (able to obtain)
- Experience in the Cannabis Industry (preferred)
This position has a starting salary range of $60,000 to $80,000.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
A few more important things to note: We want anyone interested in exploring opportunities at 4Front Ventures to feel prepared and confident. To help you put your best foot forward, if selected for an interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about our company, mission and the business area in which you are applying to. Get to know us: 4Front Ventures, Retail Stores Mission Dispensaries, Cultivation and production Brightleaf
4Front Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer- not only because it’s right but because it makes us better. In fact, our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veterans’ status, or any other basis protected and applicable legally protected characteristic and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking forward to meeting with driven, smart and passionate people that are interested in making a difference for our customers, our team, our culture.