Cannabis Talent Acquisition Specialist
4Front Ventures (CSE: FFNT / OTCQX: FFNTF) is a fast-moving national cannabis grower, distributor, and retailer headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona with active operations in Massachusetts, Michigan, Illinois, Washington, and California. Focusing on Excellence, People, Integrity, and Courage, 4Front Ventures is building a responsible and people-focused company that consistently produces high-quality products, ensures access to cannabis through top service and affordable brands, and provides value through job creation and community engagement. From plant genetics to the cannabis retail experience under the Mission Dispensary brand, 4Front’s team applies expertise across the entire cannabis value chain.
It's an incredible time of progress at 4Front Ventures and we are looking for people like YOU to grow with us! Our team includes some of the best and the brightest in the cannabis industry, passionate about the plant and making a difference in peoples’ lives. Are you interested in joining one of the fastest growing industries in Massachusetts? Are you looking to advance your career and learn some cool things about cannabis along the way? A career at 4Front Ventures offers that, plus more! Now that we have your attention, let’s dive into the role.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- The Talent Acquisition Specialist is the primary HR Team member responsible for recruiting a diverse team of top performers in the cannabis industry. As the company’s first impression to new talent, the Talent Acquisition Specialist is a creative and effective leader, who is passionate about recruiting in a high-volume and fast-paced environment. This role is responsible for full life-cycle recruitment efforts including communication with hiring managers and local HR teams, job posting preparation, candidate scheduling, offer letter creation and relationship management. The ideal candidate will possess strong interpersonal communication, time management and attention to detail skills. In addition to full life-cycle recruitment efforts, this role is also responsible for influencing the company’s overall recruitment strategies with new, fresh ideas and initiatives to ensure we are effective in finding top talent in the cannabis industry. This role will be based in either Georgetown MA or Holliston MA with a primary focus on recruitment efforts for our MA, IL and corporate markets.
YOUR DAY TO DAY
- Manage recruitment campaigns for our MA, IL and corporate markets.
- Source, attract and identify top, qualified candidates for both non-exempt and exempt roles within the organization.
- Work closely with hiring managers to ensure an understanding of the specific hiring needs of each department.
- Review resumes and conduct phone and video interviews to qualify applicants.
- Prepare applicants for interviews, communicate logistical information, interview schedule, appropriate attire, and expectations.
- Extend offers to qualified applicants.
- Manage and maintain hiring/recruitment data and metrics.
- Work closely with local HR teams on new hire paperwork, background checks and scheduling.
- Engage applicants throughout the recruitment and onboarding process ensuring consistent communication.
- Manage the company’s ATS and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Achieve weekly and monthly hiring goals to ensure department satisfaction.
- Develop relationships with professional networking sites, utilize social media, attend career fairs, community network events, job boards, etc. to attract and identify top talent.
- Recommend talent acquisition initiatives to support diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Assist with any other projects or functions within a fast-paced work environment.
- Salaried $60,000-$70,000 DOE
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED
- At least 2 years of full-cycle recruitment experience, preferably in a multi-location company. Previous cannabis recruitment experience highly desired.
- Bachelor's degree in human resources/related field or comparable recruitment experience.
- SHRM-CP or PHR (preferred).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Strong understanding of social media sourcing techniques including Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram to identify and engage top talent.
- Previous experience hosting onsite and offsite career fairs to attract talent.
- Strong Microsoft Office and Excel skills with an ability to prepare and analyze hiring analytics, leveraging data to make recommendations.
- Clear understanding of the end-to-end recruitment lifecycle processes.
- Computer proficiency with applicant tracking systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organizational, problem-solving, time management, and multitasking skills.
- A strong desire to work within the cannabis Industry, with the knowledge and understanding of the growing, wholesale and retail sales process.
- Must be able to accommodate a flexible Monday-Friday schedule with the occasional Saturday as necessary.
- Ability to travel to local sites within MA as needed, and occasional travel to our IL market.
- 21+ and currently residing in the USA.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee primarily will work indoors in an office setting and required to operate a variety of standard office equipment including a computer, telephone, copy/fax machine with continuous and repetitive arm, hand, and eye movement. May be required to lift and carry materials weighing up to 30 pounds.
WE’VE GOT YOU COVERED
- We are building a hard-working, diverse team that is excited to be a part of the evolving cannabis industry. Our team values a friendly, vibrant, and enthusiastic workplace. 4Front Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Employee Discounts (one of the highest in the industry)
- Health, Vision, Dental Benefits (company paid at 80%)
- Sick Pay/PTO Accrual
- Parental/Maternity Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career Development
- Advancement Opportunities
*NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.