Cultivation Weekend Supervisor
4Front Ventures (CSE: FFNT / OTCQX: FFNTF) is a fast-moving national cannabis grower, distributor, and retailer headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona with active operations in Massachusetts, Michigan, Illinois, Washington, and California. Focusing on Excellence, People, Integrity, and Courage, 4Front Ventures is building a responsible and people-focused company that consistently produces high-quality products, ensures access to cannabis through top service and affordable brands, and provides value through job creation and community engagement. From plant genetics to the cannabis retail experience under the Mission Dispensary brand, 4Front’s team applies expertise across the entire cannabis value chain.
- The Weekend Supervisor collaborates with the Department Managers to ensure all the daily tasks of the department get properly executed throughout the weekend shifts. This position requires a leader that has experience in all the phases of the vegetative, flowering and harvesting stages of the cannabis plant with a record of consistent high-quality and healthy flower production. Priorities include providing full support to the team including assistance with rest/lunch breaks and execution of all department processes. The Weekend Supervisor will serve as the point of contact of all departmental staff (while working) and must collaborate with the Cultivation Manager to ensure all employee needs are handled proactively while helping maintain high team morale.
- Full time availability necessary (nights, weekends, and holidays may be required)
- Primary schedule is Wed-Sun 7am to 3:30pm
- Starting at $22/hr, DOE
- Implement and supervise all company and facility policies and procedures
- Assist with all training needs of the department’s staff
- Ensure the team supports all financial and operational goals of the department
- Delegate and coach the team while maintaining a hands-on “lead by example” approach.
- Ensure all areas, stations and processes of the department comply with all local and state regulations
- Ensure that all safety protocols and procedures are followed by all employees and visitors
- Adapt and support all changes in business needs and product flow
- Promote a respectful work environment in daily actions with all employees and job tasks as the #1 priority
- Follow reasonable instructions from leadership team showing flexibility with all delegated tasks
- Contribute to the team morale by ensuring the highest level of engagement is consistently applied
- Ensure all plant harvesting, trimming, drying, and curing conditions follow company guidelines and time frames
- Enforce adherence to fertilization, irrigation, feed, and cultivation schedules
- Partner with Department Managers to diagnose and resolve plant health issues such as mold or mildew
- Assist in calculating production yields and determining areas of improvement for each harvest
- Facilitate and help oversee facility and product inspection using inventory/compliance audits
- Assist in other duties as assigned to ensure the team, department, and company division maintain success
- 21+ and currently residing in the USA
- Horticulture and/or Agricultural Experience, 2+ years (preferred)
- Supervisor Experience, 1+ years (preferred)
- Cannabis Industry Experience, 1+ years (preferred)
- Advanced Communication, Math, Organizational, and Computer Skills
- Dispensing Organization Agent Identification Card (ability to obtain upon hire)
- Associate Degree or Industry Training Equivalent
- Fast-paced, warehouse-like, and rapid-changing environment
- Manufacturing facility with industrially lit rooms and heavy machinery that may produce loud sounds
- Indoor greenhouse environments and grow rooms with elevated temperatures and humidity
- Plant pollen and extraction fumes may be present on surfaces and in the air
- Protective suits may be required (provided on site)
- Kneeling, squatting, lifting, bending, walking, pivoting, and long-term standing(all expected activities)
- Lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds repeatedly
- *NOTE: The facility contains confined spaces that may only be accessible by ascending/descending stairwells while traveling throughout building. Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time, bend, kneel, squat, and twist. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORKING AT 4FRONT
- We are building a hard-working, diverse team that is excited to be a part of the evolving cannabis industry. Our team values a friendly, vibrant, and enthusiastic workplace. 4Front Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Benefits of working with us include:
- Employee Discounts (one of the highest in the industry)
- Health, Vision, Dental Benefits (company paid at 80%)
- Sick Pay/PTO Accrual
- Parental/Maternity Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Holiday Pay (if required to work on select days)
- Career Development
- Advancement Opportunities
*NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.