Polymer Materials Engineer/Chemist
Our Pure Ratios division is hiring a polymer materials engineer/chemist in our San Diego, CA facility. This position will report to the Director of Research and development. To succeed in this role, you will have a good understanding of transdermal patch development as well as polymer science. You will also have knowledge of structure - property relationship and how new polymer design influences final performance for transdermal applications. We expect that you have effective time management skills and can prioritize your work. Note this is not a remote position.
What You'll Do Day to Day
- Project lead on transdermal patch R&D
- Be hands on with synthetic polymer chemistry and support analytical methods.
- Apply scientific principles to innovate, design, develop, and implement solutions related to polymer and adhesive components.
- Creative, analytical, self-starter, ambitious, and work in a team environment at all levels of organization
- Comfortable with decision-making related to own projects
- Assist suppliers and manufacturers with materials, manufacturing, and repair related issues.
- Ability to drive projects to completion
- Other tasks as may be required
Why We Are Excited About You:
- MS Chemistry, Materials Engineering, or Chemical Engineering
- Three or more years of experience in polymer, adhesive, and transdermal engineering
- Aptitude of applying and translating existing understanding/knowledge for the creation of proprietary product concepts and solutions.
- MS Office proficiency, especially Excel, with statistical data analysis software familiarity.
- Excellent communication skills to interact with management, as well as interdepartmental peers and sub-ordinates.
- Scientific core expertise to lead a small, but growing team of R&D technicians/scientists.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
We've Got You Covered
- Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health benefits
Preferred: PhD degree in organic, polymer chemistry or related materials science fields, working experience in selection and utilization of polymers and their characterization (functionality and QC), including pressure-sensitive adhesives, for a variety of pharmaceutical topical products. Exceptional understanding of transport mechanisms through mechanical diffusion barriers, including skin.
Working knowledge of GLP/GMP principles
Understanding of experimental design and regulatory standards
Knowledge of GPC, DSC, FTIR, and other polymer characterization methods
Experience in pharmaceutical R&D, particularly transdermal applications
A few more important things to note: We want anyone interested in exploring opportunities at 4Front Ventures to feel prepared and confident. To help you put your best foot forward, if selected for an interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about our company, mission and the business area in which you are applying to. Get to know us: 4Front Ventures, Retail Stores Mission Dispensaries, Cultivation and production Brightleaf
4Front Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer- not only because it’s right but because it makes us better. In fact, our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veterans’ status, or any other basis protected and applicable legally protected characteristic and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking forward to meeting with driven, smart and passionate people that are interested in making a difference for our customers, our team, our culture.