Headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona with over 500 employees, 4Front is a fast-moving national cannabis grower, distributor, and retailer with active operations in Illinois, Massachusetts, California, Michigan and Washington. Focusing on excellence, people, integrity, and courage, 4Front is building a responsible and people-focused company that consistently produces high-quality products, ensures access to cannabis through top service and affordable brands, and provides value through job creation and community engagement. From plant genetics to the cannabis retail experience, 4Front’s team applies expertise across the entire cannabis value chain.
Are you an operations minded individual who enjoys a fast pace environment and improving systems? Are you interested in leading a team to ensure high quality edibles are being made while production quotas are being met? Look no further.
As a Kitchen Supervisor you will focus on efficiently overseeing edible production within the Kitchen while ensuring that the production quotas set forth by the Kitchen Manager are being met. You will also be responsible for making suggestions and recommendations regarding staffing, operational issues, and other department-related matters.
This position suits a results oriented person with initiative, curiosity, and a desire to learn. A successful candidate will be highly motivated and a quick learner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintaining a safe work environment
- Responsible for work done by the kitchen staff being supervised
- Determine kitchen staffs tasks and daily goals according to the day's events, set forth by the Kitchen Manager
- Manufactures cannabis-infused edibles on a large scale in a compliant manner.
- Enters testing data and label information into our compliance software programs as well as updates and maintains spreadsheets.
- Helps manage other given projects such as topicals and tinctures.
- Assigns shift tasks, makes quick decisions, and completes all managerial duties.
- Ensures proper dosing of cannabis-infused products.
- Communicates with management regarding priorities, inventory needs, orders and any issues.
- Effectively trains new hires and makes sure they are informed on the most updated standard operating procedures.
- Supervises associates in the kitchen during day-to-day operation.
- Uses large-scale equipment to produce edible products.
- Ensures the scheduling and prompt execution of required maintenance of food production equipment.
- Keeps the kitchen clean, orderly, and complies with all state regulations regarding food production.
- Completes monthly audits in a timely manner.
- Keeps track of non-medicated product and monitors levels of raw materials.
Minimum Experience Required
- High School Diploma or GED
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Pass a background check
- Valid State ID
- Excellent organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure and consistently achieve required deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate a self-directed capacity to organize own work, set priorities and meet critical deadlines
- Working knowledge utilizing Microsoft Office 365 software suite
- Minimum of 1 years experience in manufacturing/operations
- Prior direct report and team leadership experience
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, technical procedures, and regulations
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers
- Must be very exact in their work. Errors could cause safety hazards for themselves and other workers.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work indoors in the processing facility.
- Must be able to lift and carry materials weighing up to 30 pounds
- Work in an environment where they must meet constant deadlines.
- Operate a variety of standard kitchen equipment including a depositor, requiring continuous and repetitive arm, hand and eye movement
- The employee will wear a company provided uniform and protective attire, such as gloves and hairnets.
- Exposure to hot and cold temperatures, such as when working near ovens or retrieving items from refrigerators.
- Work physically near others (COVID-19 procedures in place).
The starting rate for this position is 18 - 22/hr.
A few more important things to note: We want anyone interested in exploring opportunities at Mission, 4Front and/or Brightleaf to feel prepared and confident. To help you put your best foot forward, if selected for an interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about our company, mission and the business area in which you are applying to. Get to know us: Mission 4Front Ventures and Brightleaf Development
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer- not only because it’s right but because it makes us better. In fact, our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veterans’ status, or any other basis protected and applicable legally protected characteristic and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking forward to meeting with driven, smart and passionate people that are interested in making a difference in our customers, our team, our culture.