We are a fast-moving national leader in the growing state-legal cannabis industry that empowers our people to be innovative, creative and always focused on creating meaningful relationships with our customers. We currently operate in 8 states with plans to grow our team and footprint from 200 staff today to nearly 800 across 11 states within a year. We need hands-on professionals who enjoy rolling up their sleeves and working hard with an incredible diverse team. The cannabis industry is rapidly changing, and we have interesting and complex problems to solve everyday.
The Lab Associate will report to the Lab Supervisors and Manager. They will assist in producing high quality concentrates and extracts that will be used by various departments. The Lab Associate will also accurately record the stages of concentrate and extract production in compliance with state regulations.
Essential Job Functions
· Producing high quality concentrates and extracts (ethanol extractions) and related processes
· Recording, measuring, and weighing processed oil in compliance with Massachusetts adult use and medical cannabis legislation
· Learning assisting and contributing to aspects of the extraction process, specifically filtering of the product, and the rotary evaporation process
· Assisting team in the operation of extraction machines and equipment
· Working within a team environment in addition to assisting other departments when necessary
· Cleaning and sanitary maintenance of workspace/lab. (Cleaning supplies, hand tools, and lab equipment)
· Inventory Documentation, data entry, and consolidation of product to satisfy adult use and medical cannabis storage regulations
· Learning and following standardized procedures and recipes to ensure seamless workflow and effective day to day operation
· General labor tasks including but not limited to; (Lifting boxes and containers no more than 50 lbs. loading/unloading of supplies and equipment)
· Responsible for following proper data formatting, both on paper and on the computer. Required to maintain appropriate manufacturing records, as per lab and state regulations.
· Must have the ability to prioritize appropriately, multitask with minimal supervision and adhere to the production schedule set by management. Responsible for staying on top of daily tasks set by management, as well as anticipating production needs.
· Must be 21 years old
· Must be able to pass a background check
· Eligible to work in the United States
· Effective and efficient communication skills
· High level observation skills/ attention to detail
· Willing to work on a “hands on” basis and contribute positively in a growing company environment
A few more important things to note: We want anyone interested in exploring opportunities at Mission, 4Front and/or Brightleaf to feel prepared and confident. To help you put your best foot forward, if selected for an interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about our company, mission and the business area in which you are applying to. Get to know us: Mission 4Front Ventures and Brightleaf Development
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer- not only because it’s right but because it makes us better. In fact, our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veterans’ status, or any other basis protected and applicable legally protected characteristic and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking forward to meeting with driven, smart and passionate people that are interested in making a difference in our customers, our team, our culture.