Maintenance Mechanic Associate
4Front Ventures (CSE: FFNT / OTCQX: FFNTF) is a fast-moving national cannabis grower, distributor, and retailer headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona with active operations in Massachusetts, Michigan, Illinois, Washington, and California. Focusing on Excellence, People, Integrity, and Courage, 4Front Ventures is building a responsible and people-focused company that consistently produces high-quality products, ensures access to cannabis through top service and affordable brands, and provides value through job creation and community engagement. From plant genetics to the cannabis retail experience under the Mission Dispensary brand, 4Front’s team applies expertise across the entire cannabis value chain.
The Maintenance Associate is responsible for repairing and maintaining all assets in the high-volume production facility. This position responds promptly to equipment breakdowns and repairs the machinery in a timely manner while performing planned and unscheduled work, as necessary. Priorities include monitoring and troubleshooting all equipment onsite to ensure every machinery is operating correctly.
*NOTE: The facility contains confined spaces that may only be accessible by ascending/descending stairwells while traveling throughout building. Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time, bend, kneel, squat, and twist. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Follow all procedures according to local and state regulations and company policies
- Maintaining operational excellence at all workstations/areas
- Ensure that all safety protocols and procedures are followed
- Adapt to all changes in business needs and procedures
- Promote a respectful work environment in daily actions with fellow employees and job tasks as the #1 priority
- Follow reasonable instructions from leadership team showing flexibility with all delegated tasks
- Contribute to the team morale by ensuring the highest level of engagement is consistently applied
- Identify, comprehend, and troubleshoot complex process issues including making mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic adjustments
- Coordinate with all departments to minimize/eliminate any potential disruptions to production workflow
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment in all workstations and departments
- Monitor and maintain multiple pieces of machinery including specialized, automated, and high-speed mechanical equipment by performing corrective maintenance work orders
- Ensure machinery operation is running efficiently byadjusting equipment speeds, temperatures, and liquid levels
- Maintain inventory of equipment, parts, and supplies while anticipating any future needs
- Proactively seek process improvements to increase product efficiencies
- Control production downtime by informing management of routine, preventative maintenance needs
- Communicate with maintenance personnel as necessary to ensure coordination of maintenance efforts on assigned equipment
- Assist in other duties as assigned to ensure the team, department, and company division maintain success
- Mechanical / High-Speed Production Equipment Experience, 3+ years
- Production / Manufacturing Experience, 1+ years (preferred)
- Basic Math, Organizational, and Computer Skills
- Dispensing Organization Agent Identification Card (able to obtain)
- Associate Degree, Technical School Certification, or Industry Training Equivalent
- 80-90% employer paid benefits. Life, dental, health, vision
- Paid Time Off/Sick Time
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Timekeeping (clock-in/out) utilizes biometric screening (facial and/or fingerprint scan). Employees have the option to opt-out and utilize other clock-in/out procedures.
4Front specializes in large-scale, highly automated, high-speed processing, production & packaging of cannabis consumer packaged goods for the regulated cannabis market in CA. 4Front’s CA campus is one of the largest licensed cannabis processing facilities in the world, not just California. Located in Commerce, CA our facility is centrally placed in Southern California to service the worlds largest recreational cannabis market. We are seeking talented, determined, and driven candidates to join our growing team.
*NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.