Cannabis Cultivation Associate
4Front Ventures (CSE: FFNT / OTCQX: FFNTF) is a fast-moving national cannabis grower, distributor, and retailer headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona with active operations in Massachusetts, Michigan, Illinois, Washington, and California. Focusing on Excellence, People, Integrity, and Courage, 4Front Ventures is building a responsible and people-focused company that consistently produces high-quality products, ensures access to cannabis through top service and affordable brands, and provides value through job creation and community engagement. From plant genetics to the cannabis retail experience under the Mission Dispensary brand, 4Front’s team applies expertise across the entire cannabis value chain.
It's an incredible time of progress at 4Front Ventures and we are looking for people like YOU to grow with us! Are you interested in joining one of the fastest growing industries in Massachusetts? Are you looking to advance your career and learn some cool things about cannabis along the way? A career at 4Front Ventures offers that, plus more! Now that we have your attention, let’s dive into the role.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- The Cultivation Flowering Associate is an integral role within our Cultivation department, responsible for supporting and assisting the Flowering Supervisor(s) and Manager(s) in all aspects of plant nurturing and management. This role participates in a variety of tasks throughout the day including transplanting, plant pruning, defoliating, trellising, integrated pest management, harvesting and bucking. In addition, this role is also responsible for trimming, drying, binning, curing, waste disposal and cleaning for all plants, tools, and work areas within the department. The right candidate will have a genuine interest in horticulture and agriculture and thrives working in a team environment.
YOUR DAY TO DAY
- Assist with daily inspections for pests, pathogens, mold, fungi, disease, or other undesired conditions
- Follow proper plant pruning, moving, trellising harvesting, trimming, drying, and curing processes and protocols according to company guidelines
- Perform all day-to-day plant routine maintenance throughout the growth, harvesting and cure stages
- Conduct routine cleaning tasks to ensure a clean and tidy work area
- Assist in other duties as assigned to ensure the team, department and company division maintain success
- Regularly update logs pertinent to job scope
- Full shift availability necessary
- Shift is 7 AM to 3:30 PM, weekend and holiday availability required
- Starting at $18/hr; DOE
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED
- High School Diploma or GED
- 21+ and currently residing in the USA
- Dispensing Organization Agent Identification Card (able to obtain upon hire)
- Horticulture and/or Agriculture Experience, 1+ years (preferred)
- Production/Manufacturing Experience, 1+ years (preferred)
- Cannabis Industry Experience (preferred)
- Basic Math, Organizational, and Computer Skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong time management, organizational and communication skills
- Proficient critical thinking skills
- The desire to learn about the plant and our processes, with a focus on collaboration and teamwork
- Prefers task-based duties with a keen attention to detail and ability to follow processes and procedures
- This position operates in a clean and professional environment and routinely uses equipment such as pruning scissors, sanitation equipment and liquids; PPE may be required (provided onsite). Temperatures and humidity levels are similar to most indoor cultivation/greenhouse facilities. Kneeling, standing, walking, sitting, bending, pivoting, lifting and squatting are all expected activities. Plant pollen is present on surfaces and the air, as well as continuous noise from fans and motors.
WE’VE GOT YOU COVERED
- We are building a hard-working, diverse team that is excited to be a part of the evolving cannabis industry. Our team values a friendly, vibrant, and enthusiastic workplace. 4Front Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Employee Discounts (one of the highest in the industry)
- Health, Vision, Dental Benefits (company paid at 80%)
- Sick Pay/PTO Accrual
- Parental/Maternity Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Holiday Pay (if required to work on select days)
- Career Development
- Advancement Opportunities
*NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.