We are a fast-moving national leader in the growing state-legal cannabis industry that empowers our people to be innovative, creative and always focused on creating meaningful relationships with our customers. We currently operate in 8 states with plans to grow our team and footprint from 200 staff today to nearly 800 across 11 states within a year. We need hands-on professionals who enjoy rolling up their sleeves and working hard with an incredible diverse team. The cannabis industry is rapidly changing, and we have interesting and complex problems to solve everyday.
Our Bright-leaf division is growing! We are now hiring a Cultivation Associate! This position will be responsible for the required plant maintenance from propagation through harvest and you will report to the Cultivation Manager. This is an entry level position with room for growth. No prior experience necessary. However, applicants must demonstrate accountability, proactive behavior and strong attention to detail. This position starts at a flat rate of $13.00/hr and operating hours are currently 7 days a week 8:30am to 5pm.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Perform all day to day routine plant maintenance from seed or clone through harvest. Including but not limited to:
- Conduct daily inspections for pests, pathogens, mold, fungi, disease or other undesired conditions
- Conduct daily inspections and measurements of reservoirs to maintain strict pH, PPM levels and cleanliness
- Monitor grow room humidity, temperature, and water environmental requirements
- Maintain healthy mother plants so that clones can be developed for future crops
- Take clones from mother plants and ready them for starting new plants
- Transplant and relocate plants
- Daily inspections of plants for proper irrigation
- Prune plants according to cultivar specific protocols
- Mix soils and nutrients to specific recipes to ensure proper plant growth
- Monitor and maintain adequate stock levels of nutrients and other plant supplies
- Adhere to facility specific gowning protocols
- Harvest and trim plant according to facility protocols
- Conduct quarterly inspections and/or replacement of light bulbs, irrigation tubing, water pumps and other grow equipment
- Harvest and trim plants at the end of their life cycle
- Oversee proper drying and curing conditions until the harvested material is ready for testing
- Must be over 21 years of age
- Pass a background check
- Eligible to work in the US
- Employee must be able to work well as a team day in and day out, but also must be able to work on their own if necessary.
- Employees must be able to work within state compliance, following the facilities rules and dress codes.
- Employees should be able to lift 50 pounds.
We've got you covered
- Paid Time Off
- Learning & Development
- Generous employee discounts
- 100% employer paid benefits
A few more important things to note: We want anyone interested in exploring opportunities at Mission, 4Front and/or Brightleaf to feel prepared and confident. To help you put your best foot forward, if selected for an interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about our company, mission and the business area in which you are applying to. Get to know us: Mission 4Front Ventures and Brightleaf Development
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer- not only because it’s right but because it makes us better. In fact, our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veterans’ status, or any other basis protected and applicable legally protected characteristic and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking forward to meeting with driven, smart and passionate people that are interested in making a difference in our customers, our team, our culture.