Headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona with over 500 employees, 4Front is a fast-moving national cannabis grower, distributor, and retailer with active operations in Illinois, Massachusetts, California, Michigan and Washington. Focusing on excellence, people, integrity, and courage, 4Front is building a responsible and people-focused company that consistently produces high-quality products, ensures access to cannabis through top service and affordable brands, and provides value through job creation and community engagement. From plant genetics to the cannabis retail experience, 4Front’s team applies expertise across the entire cannabis value chain.
Our Bright-leaf division is growing! We are now hiring a Cultivation Associate! This position will be responsible for the required plant maintenance from propagation through harvest and you will report to the Cultivation Manager. This is an entry level position with room for growth. The starting hourly wage is $14.50. No prior experience necessary. However, applicants must demonstrate accountability, proactive behavior and strong attention to detail. Facility operating hours are 7 days a week 8:30am to 5pm. Full time employees work 40 hours a week. Weekend work is schedule dependent and determined with your manager.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Perform all day to day routine plant maintenance from seed or clone through harvest. Including but not limited to:
- Conduct daily inspections for pests, pathogens, mold, fungi, disease or other undesired conditions
- Conduct daily inspections and measurements of reservoirs to maintain strict pH, PPM levels and cleanliness
- Monitor grow room humidity, temperature, and water environmental requirements
- Maintain healthy mother plants so that clones can be developed for future crops
- Take clones from mother plants and ready them for starting new plants
- Transplant and relocate plants
- Daily inspections of plants for proper irrigation
- Prune plants according to cultivar specific protocols
- Mix soils and nutrients to specific recipes to ensure proper plant growth
- Monitor and maintain adequate stock levels of nutrients and other plant supplies
- Adhere to facility specific gowning protocols
- Harvest and trim plant according to facility protocols
- Conduct quarterly inspections and/or replacement of light bulbs, irrigation tubing, water pumps and other grow equipment
- Harvest and trim plants at the end of their life cycle
- Oversee proper drying and curing conditions until the harvested material is ready for testing
- Must be over 21 years of age
- Pass a background check
- Eligible to work in the US at time of hire
- Employee must be able to work well as a team day in and day out, but also must be able to work on their own if necessary.
We've got you covered
- Paid Time Off
- Learning & Development
- Generous employee discounts
A few more important things to note: We want anyone interested in exploring opportunities at Mission, 4Front and/or Brightleaf to feel prepared and confident. To help you put your best foot forward, if selected for an interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about our company, mission and the business area in which you are applying to. Get to know us: Mission 4Front Ventures and Brightleaf Development
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer- not only because it’s right but because it makes us better. In fact, our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veterans’ status, or any other basis protected and applicable legally protected characteristic and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking forward to meeting with driven, smart and passionate people that are interested in making a difference in our customers, our team, our culture.