Our Security Specialists are the first point of contact for our patients and visitors. It's very important that you enjoy interacting with people with a friendly and outgoing attitude. You will primarily be responsible for maintaining a safe and secure environment for our patients, visitors and staff.
Cannabis sales is a highly regulated industry and must operate in a safe and secure environment, fully compliant with all regulatory requirements. In addition to the criteria listed below, security personnel are required to pass a comprehensive background check in order to qualify for a Registered Marijuana Establishment Agent Card issued by the Cannabis Control Commission.
Industry-specific and company policy training will be provided. Starting rate of $15 per hour.
Essential Job Functions
- Work closely with staff, patients and vendors to deliver a safe and comfortable environment
- Communicate directly with every patient while verifying their medical marijuana identification
- Escalate concerns to management as directed
- Maintain internal and perimeter security of the building
- Maintain a safe/secure environment for all customers, patients, guests, employees and vendors
- Inspect and patrol premises regularly for security and safety issues
- Monitor all access and egress points on the property
- Authorize entrance of people and vehicles
- Monitor surveillance cameras
- Respond to applicable alarms in a timely and effective manner
- Be the Emergency Response point of contact for local police, fire, EMT
- Aid customers/employees in need
- Submit daily surveillance reports
- Assist with the physical security for deliveries as needed
- Assist with the physical security for any customer or employee related
- Report any suspicious behaviors or activities and submit reports regarding
- Direct traffic patterns
- Two years prior experience in security, law enforcement or related field
- Able to stand/sit/walk for prolonged periods of time
- Consistent attention to detail for 10 hours per day
- Ability to lift 30 lbs. unassisted and up to 50 lbs. assisted
- Available to work weekends and to be flexible with varying shifts (Required)
- A High School Diploma
- 21 years of age or older (Required)
- Pass a comprehensive background check
- Have a valid driver's license and reliable transportation
- A degree from a two or four-year college or university
- 3+ years of experience in security, loss prevention and safety, law enforcement or related discipline (Preferred)
- De-escalation experience
- Superior critical thinking skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in strict adherence to HIPAA laws
- Ability to remain calm in periods of high stress or unusual activity
- Must be honest, reliable and trustworthy.
- Must possess a strong moral compass and lead with integrity
- Strong emotional intelligence
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to effectively plan and prioritize
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Experience with surveillance systems, access control and computers preferred
- Training in First Aid and/or CPR certification preferred
- Must have good time management skills and the ability to act with a sense of urgency
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
A few more important things to note: We want anyone interested in exploring opportunities at 4Front Ventures to feel prepared and confident. To help you put your best foot forward, if selected for an interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about our company, mission and the business area in which you are applying to. Get to know us: 4Front Ventures, Retail Stores Mission Dispensaries, Cultivation and production Brightleaf
4Front Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer- not only because it’s right but because it makes us better. In fact, our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veterans’ status, or any other basis protected and applicable legally protected characteristic and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking forward to meeting with driven, smart and passionate people that are interested in making a difference for our customers, our team, our culture.