Senior Accounting Manager/Controller
Headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona with over 500 employees, 4Front is a fast-moving national cannabis grower, distributor, and retailer with active operations in Illinois, Massachusetts, California, Michigan and Washington. Focusing on excellence, people, integrity, and courage, 4Front is building a responsible and people-focused company that consistently produces high-quality products, ensures access to cannabis through top service and affordable brands, and provides value through job creation and community engagement. From plant genetics to the cannabis retail experience, 4Front’s team applies expertise across the entire cannabis value chain.
We are looking for a strong Controller who is a self-starter with interest in the cannabis industry. The Controller will have great communication skills, strong numerical proficiency, organizational and creative problem-solving skills, as well as being a logical-minded leader with a big-picture method to approaching tasks.
The Controller will plan, direct, and coordinate all accounting operational functions, managing the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results. This individual should have the ability to work independently with little guidance, and exercise independent judgment in setting up new procedures and controls to further streamline accounting operations.
- Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements; AP/AR, credit memos, fixed assets list and depreciation charges, intercompany transactions
- QuickBooks inventory management
- Payroll (check payroll data, make necessary adjustments, payroll submission)
- Coordinating activities of external auditors
- Providing management with information vital to the decision-making process--Monthly reporting including but not limited to PL, BS, Flower flow, payroll totals, sales/production volumes/usage)
- Managing the budget process
- Assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes
- Evaluating accounting and internal control systems
- Working with accounting software and supporting database, as needed
- Developing and monitoring business performance metrics
- Overseeing regulatory reporting, frequently including tax planning and compliance
- Hiring, training and retaining skilled accounting staff
- Master's degree in Business Administration or equivalent
- Progressively responsible accounting/finance experience (8+ years)
- Advanced auditing skills
- Intermediate to advanced skill with Microsoft Office 365
- Intermediate data mining and data analysis skills
- Strong leadership presence and facilitation, delegation, and coaching skills
The starting salary range for this position is $80,000 to $95,000 depending on experience.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
A few more important things to note: We want anyone interested in exploring opportunities at Mission, 4Front and/or Brightleaf to feel prepared and confident. To help you put your best foot forward, if selected for an interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about our company, mission and the business area in which you are applying to. Get to know us: Mission 4Front Ventures and Brightleaf Development
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer- not only because it’s right but because it makes us better. In fact, our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veterans’ status, or any other basis protected and applicable legally protected characteristic and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking forward to meeting with driven, smart and passionate people that are interested in making a difference in our customers, our team, our culture.