We are hiring for a part-time Cannabis Courier at Om of Medicine (Mission Ann Arbor). You will be responsible for the cannabis delivery to our patrons.
To ensure success, the Couriers should be reliable and professional with outstanding routing and directional skills, and a passion for delivering critical items punctually. Top candidates will possess effective record keeping skills and work comfortably under tight deadlines to ensure the safe and efficient transportation of medical items. The right candidate will also have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver wide variety of products to patients and customers within outlined time frame.
- Maintain active product knowledge and stay up to date on current cannabis trends to answer any questions patients or customers may have.
- Plans and completes an efficient delivery daily.
- Maintains inventory and loads delivery vehicle.
- Load up vehicle ensuring all products are stored in a secured compartment that is clearly marked, latched or locked to keep all contents secure and aligns with state compliance.
- Delivers parcels to correct addresses, obtaining signatures and proof of receipt when necessary.
- Maintains basic records of mileage and deliveries made.
- Perform all duties within HIPAA regulations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Verify customer identification matches the manifest to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Collect cash payments, make accurate change for transactions; ensure cash is returned to retail location within same business day of the delivery of product.
- Save and report the delivery path ensuring not to deviate unless an emergency circumstance arises, report emergency to Manager and document in statewide monitoring system.
- Daily compliance with dispensary policies, including but not limited to the following: state/local regulation compliance, security protocols, access protocols, inventory tracking, dress code, and work schedules.
- Maintain compliance with local and state regulations, company policies and SOPs.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Ability to drive safely.
- Ability to use navigation tools such as onboard GPS, smartphone apps, and/or web-based or physical maps.
- Ability to maintain basic logs and records.
- Able to remain professional and courteous at all times.
- Experience handling high volumes of cash.
- Familiarity with local street, neighborhood and routes preferred.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required.
- Ability to work independently with little or no direct supervision.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of state and local regulations preferred.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
- Ability to pass a background check and is 21 years of age or older.
- Valid driver's license, and own source of reliable transportation to make deliveries.
- Have access to secure form of communication (i.e. cell phone) at all times while making deliveries.
Education and Experience
- Must have valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds regularly.
- Must be able to load and unload packages in various types of weather.
This position has a starting hourly rate of $15.00.
A few more important things to note: We want anyone interested in exploring opportunities at 4Front Ventures to feel prepared and confident. To help you put your best foot forward, if selected for an interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about our company, mission and the business area in which you are applying to. Get to know us: 4Front Ventures, Retail Stores Mission Dispensaries, Cultivation and production Brightleaf
4Front Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer- not only because it’s right but because it makes us better. In fact, our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veterans’ status, or any other basis protected and applicable legally protected characteristic and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking forward to meeting with driven, smart and passionate people that are interested in making a difference for our customers, our team, our culture.