Kitchen Associate 2- Batch Cook
4Front Ventures (CSE: FFNT / OTCQX: FFNTF) is a fast-moving national cannabis grower, distributor, and retailer headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona with active operations in Massachusetts, Michigan, Illinois, Washington, and California. Focusing on Excellence, People, Integrity, and Courage, 4Front Ventures is building a responsible and people-focused company that consistently produces high-quality products, ensures access to cannabis through top service and affordable brands, and provides value through job creation and community engagement. From plant genetics to the cannabis retail experience under the Mission Dispensary brand, 4Front’s team applies expertise across the entire cannabis value chain.
The Kitchen Associate II handles supporting and helping the Kitchen Supervisor(s) and Manager in all aspects of cannabis edible production and preparation within the department. This position will handle manufacturing large-scale batches of high-quality edible products that are infused with cannabis. Priorities include proper preparation of ingredients and operation of large-scale industrial confection cooking, depositing, wrapping, and boxing line, and keeping all kitchen supplies and equipment cleaned and sanitized.
- Someone who enjoys a dynamic workday with opportunities for collaboration.
- An inherent people person who can function as a professional brand representative.
- An initiative-taking team player who asks questions and collaborates to gain expertise and assist the team.
- Has a keen eye for details, differences and changes. Looks closely.
- 21+ and currently residing in the US
- Follow all procedures according to local and state regulations and company policies
- Maintaining operational excellence at all workstations/areas
- Ensure that all safety protocols and procedures are followed
- Perform all opening and closing duties as required/assigned
- Adapt to all changes in business needs and product flow
- Promote a respectful work environment in daily actions with fellow employees and job tasks as the #1 priority
- Follow reasonable instructions from the leadership team showing flexibility with all delegated tasks
- Contribute to the team morale by ensuring the highest level of engagement is consistently applied
- Adhere to industry standards and waste disposal procedures set forth by regulatory agencies
- Prepare a variety of edibles by prepping bulk ingredients and operating an industrial confection cooking line
- Ensure all products are high quality and troubleshoot any quality problems on equipment
- Utilize various machinery including large-scale industrial cooking, depositing, wrapping, and boxing line
- Follow proper storage procedures as specified by the Health Department and company guidelines
- Complete all defined product lists following production deadlines and keep efficiency and productivity
- Monitor levels and quality of all products in the department including non-medicated goods and raw materials
- Help with packaging and labeling of produced goods
- Ensure all kitchen areas, equipment, and tools including floors, walls, work tables, refrigerators, prep surfaces, machinery, and bins are kept clean, sanitized, and organized
- Help in other duties as assigned to ensure the team, department, and company division maintain success
- Maintenance supervisors, manager
- Packaging supervisor, manager
- Auto pack supervisor, manager
- Logistics associates
- Kitchen Sr Manager
- Director of Production
- Hands-on cooking material
- This is a hands-on, cannabis production and manufacturing.
- You will be working in an indoor production, warehouse-like environment.
- Rooms are industrially lit and feature heavy machinery sounds at times.
- Kneeling, squatting, lifting, bending, walking, pivoting, and standing are all expected activities.
- Expect to lift up to 30lbs.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Organization, systems management and integrity
- Willing to ask questions to gain the necessary expertise
- Adaptability in the face of changing needs of the business
- Commitment to team’s success; flexible, friendly, and self-aware
- Kitchen / Food Preparation Experience, 1+ years (required)
- Large-Scale Candy Manufacturing / Production Experience, 1+ years (required)
- Cannabis Industry Experience (preferred)
- Basic Math, Organizational, and Computer Skills
- Must have High School Diploma or GED
- Must be 21+
WORKING AT 4FRONT
- We are building a hard-working, diverse team that is excited to be a part of the evolving cannabis industry. Our team values a friendly, vibrant, and enthusiastic workplace. 4Front Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Benefits of working with us include:
- Employee Discounts (one of the highest in the industry)
- Health, Vision, Dental Benefits (company paid at 80%)
- Sick Pay/PTO Accrual
- Parental/Maternity Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Holiday Pay (if required to work on select days)
- Career Development
- Advancement Opportunities
- *NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
4Front specializes in large-scale, highly automated, high-speed processing, production & packaging of cannabis consumer packaged goods for the regulated cannabis market in CA. 4Front’s CA campus is one of the largest licensed cannabis processing facilities in the world, not just in California. Located in Commerce, CA our facility is centrally placed in Southern California to service the world’s largest recreational cannabis market. We are seeking talented, determined, and driven candidates to join our growing team.