SEC Reporting Director
4Front is a fast-moving national cannabis grower, distributor, and retailer. As advocates and pioneers who have helped set the tone for what this industry becomes, we’re building a responsible, values-based and people-focused company that informs regulation through practice, ensures access to cannabis through service, and provides value through job creation and community engagement.
4Front currently owns, operates or manages cultivation and production facilities and retail facilities across 5 states with headquarters in Arizona. We operate one of the largest cannabis-product manufacturing facilities in the world where it produces some of its top-selling brands. On the retail side, 4Front believes it has invested heavily in building a scalable and customer-centric retail model, including best-in-class training and support.
From plant genetics to the cannabis retail experience, 4Front’s team applies expertise across the entire cannabis value chain. As we grow, we will always look for ways to use our platform to replace prohibition with opportunity. We see that as a noble calling. It’s worth working hard to accomplish it.
The SEC Reporting Director is accountable for all aspects of financial reporting and technical accounting, including researching new and proposed accounting standards and complex accounting transactions, assisting with the Company's SOX compliance efforts, and serving as a key contact with external auditors. This position also contributes significantly to the monthly close process, process automation, and special projects. The role will report to the CFO and is a key member of the Finance team. *May consider remote environment.
- Manage the preparation of the Company’s required SEC filings, including Form 10-K, 10-Q, and 8-K
- Manage the external reporting function to ensure the accurate and timely submission of the Company's reporting requirements to investors and other regulatory authorities
- Support the annual audit and quarterly review activities with external auditors as well as testing by internal and external auditors on internal controls
- Oversee the preparation and review of quarterly and annual financial statements and footnote disclosures
- Review the financial information in the eXtensible Business Reporting Language (XBRL) format for required SEC filings
- Assist with preparation of quarterly Audit Committee materials
- Help with design and implementation of the Company's SOX compliance efforts, including implementing new controls as necessary
- Lead technical accounting research and memo preparation including documenting conclusions for proper accounting treatment and updated footnote disclosures
- Review, assess, and document accounting and financial reporting implications of complex transactions as well as implementation of new accounting guidance, as applicable
- Interpret new GAAP standards and SEC rules and regulations and implement necessary changes
- Provide clear and concise written documentation of accounting conclusions and policies
- Assist with the implementation of accounting and other systems for improved financial and operational reporting
- Additional duties as assigned
- *NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant preferred
- 8 - 10 years of progressive accounting and SEC reporting experience, including a minimum of 6 years for a national public accounting firm
- Strong technical experience related to GAAP and SEC reporting
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills, high energy, initiative, and creativity
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills and superior accounting skills
- Professional in all forms of communications such as email, phone calls, video calls, and texts
- Ability to work well under pressure in an agile, fast-paced environment
- Highly responsive and reliable
- Strong attention to detail
- Master’s Degree in Accounting
- Big 4 public accounting experience
- In-depth knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Experience with SEC reporting software
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee primarily will work indoors in an office setting. The employee is required to wear personal protective equipment under appropriate circumstances. Lift and carry materials weighing up to 30 pounds.
- Operate a variety of standard office equipment including a computer, telephone, calculator, copy, and fax machine requiring continuous and repetitive arm, hand, and eye movement
- Occasional travel to/from meetings and to various locations
Salary Range: $140,000 - $170,000/yr
A few more important things to note: We want anyone interested in exploring opportunities at Mission, 4Front and/or Brightleaf to feel prepared and confident. To help you put your best foot forward, if selected for an interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about our company, mission and the business area in which you are applying to. Get to know us: Mission 4Front Ventures and Brightleaf Development
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer- not only because it’s right but because it makes us better. In fact, our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veterans’ status, or any other basis protected and applicable legally protected characteristic and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking forward to meeting with driven, smart and passionate people that are interested in making a difference in our customers, our team, our culture.