Business Manager/Project Accountant
Are you an operations minded individual who enjoys numbers and solving problems? Are you looking for professional growth in an evolving department where you will make a difference to the bottom line? Look no further.
As an experienced Business Manager / Project Accountant you will focus on providing timely and relevant analysis and operational financial reporting. Each production/retail center at 4Front is run like a small business, with the Business Manager assisting in providing oversight over group projects ensuring critical tasks such as accounts payable (AP), accounts receivable (AR), financials, payroll, internal control and compliance are executed appropriately in order to compile complete and accurate analysis and operational financial reporting.
This position suits a self-starter with initiative, curiosity, and a desire to learn. A successful candidate will be highly motivated and can build professional relationships quickly and naturally. The Business Manager is expected to be skilled in executing these processes and utilizing the latest technology to analyze different types of revenue and cost components such as labor, expenses, equipment, and materials. This position is owner of the month-end financial close process and financial reporting package communicated to senior leaders and is integral in the overall success of the business management team.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee primarily will work indoors at a cultivation and production facility. The employee is required to wear personal protective equipment under appropriate circumstances. While in the retail locations, there may be interactions with clients from the public.
- Lift and carry materials weighing up to 30 pounds
- Operate a variety of standard office equipment including a computer, telephone, calculator, copy, and fax machine requiring continuous and repetitive arm, hand and eye movement
- Travel to/from meetings and to various locations
- Assists in preparation of weekly bills to be paid, including proper coding of invoices for entry and payment by centralized accounting
- Collects and processes payment for all wholesale customers
- Reviews and compiles timecards and information required by centralized payroll
- Compiles data related to sales, excise, and property taxes for submission to centralized accounting
- Prepares cash reconciliation weekly
- Assembles sales report to coincide with previous weeks deposit
- Manages inventory reconciliation, preparing inventory report encompassing opening balance, inflows, and outflows
- Closes month-end financials
- Reviews monthly budget to variance reports
- Participates in budget meetings
- Supports operational leaders with variance analysis
- Compiles necessary operational and financial data necessary for predetermined metrics
- Manages state driven entity-level audits
- Design and implement procedures to improve profitability and efficiency
- Determines cost of operations by establishing standard costs, collecting operational data, recommending action items
- Analyze and effectively communicate financial results to executive level management
- Identifies financial status by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts
- Improves financial status by analyzing results; monitoring variances; identifying trends; recommending actions to management
- Protects operations by keeping financial information confidential
- Aid in the capital budgeting and expenditure planning processes
- Maintain up-to-date technical knowledge of financial instruments, market conditions, and trends
- Additional duties as assigned
Minimum Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Excellent organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure and consistently achieve required deadlines
- Very detail-oriented, but also able to see “big picture.” Ability to think both analytically and creatively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate a self-directed capacity to organize own work, set priorities and meet critical deadlines
- Working knowledge utilizing Microsoft Office 365 software suite to prepare and/or supplement financial reporting, forecasts and analysis
- Degree in Business Management, Accounting, Analytics/Data Visualization/Statistics, Finance and/or equivalent degree
- Strong financial management skills including cash management, budgeting, forecasting, and financial analysis
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks
- 2-3 years accounting or bookkeeping experience
This is a salaried position at $75,000 - $85,000 depending on experience.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
A few more important things to note: We want anyone interested in exploring opportunities at 4Front Ventures to feel prepared and confident. To help you put your best foot forward, if selected for an interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about our company, mission and the business area in which you are applying to. Get to know us: 4Front Ventures, Retail Stores Mission Dispensaries, Cultivation and production Brightleaf
4Front Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer- not only because it’s right but because it makes us better. In fact, our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veterans’ status, or any other basis protected and applicable legally protected characteristic and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking forward to meeting with driven, smart and passionate people that are interested in making a difference for our customers, our team, our culture.