4Front Ventures (CSE: FFNT / OTCQX: FFNTF) is a fast-moving national cannabis grower, distributor, and retailer headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona with active operations in Massachusetts, Michigan, Illinois, Washington, and California. Focusing on Excellence, People, Integrity, and Courage, 4Front Ventures is building a responsible and people-focused company that consistently produces high-quality products, ensures access to cannabis through top service and affordable brands, and provides value through job creation and community engagement. From plant genetics to the cannabis retail experience under the Mission Dispensary brand, 4Front’s team applies expertise across the entire cannabis value chain.
JOB TITLE: Graphic Designer DIVISION: Corporate
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time, Salaried / Exempt DEPARTMENT: Marketing
SALARY: $65-$75K LOCATION: WA Corporate Office/Remote
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Marketing SUPERVISES (# OF EMPLOYEES): N/A
Headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona with over 500 employees, 4Front (FFNT) is a fast-moving national cannabis grower, distributor, and retailer with active operations in Illinois, Massachusetts, California, Michigan, and Washington. Focusing on Excellence, People, Integrity, and Courage, 4Front is building a responsible and people-focused company that consistently produces high-quality products, ensures access to cannabis through top service and affordable brands, and provides value through job creation and community engagement. From plant genetics to the cannabis retail experience, 4Front’s team applies expertise across the entire cannabis value chain.
The Graphic Designer will report to the Vice President of Marketing and work closely with Creative Director to create design solutions for packaging along with digital and print creative assets to enhance the company’s divisions and brands. The designer will be part of a tight knit group with self-starting, creative, and results-oriented employees that enjoy working hard and loving what they do. They will be responsible for developing and executing visual concepts and working closely with other graphic designers to oversee a project to completion.
· Design and develop packaging from concept to production
· Develop illustrations, create images, logos, and layouts by hand or by using design software to create innovative packaging and branding solutions
· Conceptualize visuals based on requirements
· Create designs for wide range of mediums
· Prepare drafts, present ideas, amend designs based on an agreed brief and feedback
· Clearly communicate the reasoning behind design choices
· Execute marketing programs installed by the VP of Marketing
· Develop and manage key business relationships with external printers while ensuring deadlines are met and material is printed to the highest quality
· Plan concepts and prepare work to be accomplished by gathering market research
· Meet tight deadlines while staying within budget
· Be adaptable to changes in project direction, priorities, and deadlines
· Work independently and collaborate professionally with a team
· Seek continuous education to keep skills and industry knowledge current
· Maintain strong communication with VP of Marketing and Creative Director while providing consistent feedback on product quality and efficiency of all processes
· Assist in other duties as assigned to ensure the team, department, and company division maintain success
While performing the duties of this job, the employee primarily will work indoors in an office setting. The employee is required to wear personal protective equipment under appropriate circumstances. Lift and carry materials weighing up to 30 pounds.
· Highly energetic and fast paced environment in a rapidly growing company
· Quiet workspace with individual offices and regular video communication
· Noise level and public interaction may vary depending on project and collaboration with other designers/team members
· Operate a variety of standard office equipment including a computer/laptop, telephone, printing machines requiring continuous and repetitive arm, hand, and eye movement
· Occasional travel to/from meetings and to various locations
· Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Fine Arts, Communications or Related Field
· Graphic Designer experience, 5+ years
· Skills and expertise in CPG identity and package design
· Proven experience with complicated packaging design systems, including iconology and information management
· Knowledge in various packaging types, materials, and production materials
· Diverse & compelling portfolio with a keen eye for details & aesthetics
· Advanced proficiency with Adobe Suite/Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign Programs
· Strong graphic skills including layouts and typography
· Highly organized and understands how to balance multiple projects and keep them moving forward
· General print/web design principles/preparation experience
· Current familiarization with social media platforms/trends
· Excellent interpersonal, communication, and time management skills
· Merchandising and POS display creation experience (preferred)
· Cannabis industry experience (preferred)
*NOTE:This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
*NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.