Sales Operations Manager
We are a fast-moving national leader in the growing state-legal cannabis industry that empowers our people to be innovative, creative and always focused on creating meaningful relationships with our customers. We currently operate in 8 states with plans to grow our team and footprint from 200 staff today to nearly 800 across 11 states within a year. We need hands-on professionals who enjoy rolling up their sleeves and working hard with an incredible diverse team. The cannabis industry is rapidly changing, and we have interesting and complex problems to solve everyday.
Our Brightleaf division is now hiring a Sales Operations Manager. This position will support Regional Sales Managers across California.
This person is responsible for administratively supporting accounts that have been closed by the Regional Sales Manager (RSM). These duties include processing orders in internal systems, entering orders into the 3rd party distributor’s system, and invoicing and accounts payable management. In addition, the SOM will work with the Regional Sales Manager to provide product forecasts to the production team and revenue forecasts to the Ca Head of Sales.
What you'll do day to day...
- Providing Business Intelligence to the Regional Sales Manager to aid in x-selling and upselling.
- Closing the loop with the customer, distributor, and RSM after an order has been placed.
- Processing Orders
- Inputting orders to the distributor’s system and working with the distributor to ensure orders are delivered OTIF.
- Minimizing truck rolls
- Ensuring inventory levels are commensurate with demand
- Cross-selling and upselling existing accounts
- Onboarding customers to in-house inventory management and CRM (Cultivera)
- Becoming an expert on all products and how they differentiate from the competition.
- Becoming the primary POC on accounts as needed to keep the RSM in the field selling.
- Building strong relationships with buyers and staff in cannabis dispensaries
- Works closely with both sales and marketing departments
- Monitor and report customer feedback to sales and marketing departments
- Track and report on industry trends as well as competitors’ activities
- Maintain a positive image for the brands and company
- Participate in trade shows as the company’s spokesperson
- Professional attitude
- Love your job and work with passion so we can build something great!
We are excited about you because...
- Experience working within retail cannabis environments
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Professional demeanor
- Strong time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience in Excel / Word / Outlook / PowerPoint
- Experience with a CRM desired
- History of working successfully from a remote office and on the road
- Experience working on a team where overlap of roles is common and picking up the slack and reasonable delegation of work are commonplace
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Bilingual is a plus
- Cannabis including flower, edibles, wax, vape and other derivatives
- The competitive landscape among competing brands in the dispensary
- Being detail and customer oriented with strong multitasking, organizational ability, and effective prioritization of tasks including responding to customers and issue resolution
We've got you covered:
- Paid Time Off
- Comprehensive health benefit plan
- Retirement benefit plan
A few more important things to note: We want anyone interested in exploring opportunities at Mission, 4Front and/or Brightleaf to feel prepared and confident. To help you put your best foot forward, if selected for an interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about our company, mission and the business area in which you are applying to. Get to know us: Mission 4Front Ventures and Brightleaf Development
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer- not only because it’s right but because it makes us better. In fact, our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veterans’ status, or any other basis protected and applicable legally protected characteristic and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking forward to meeting with driven, smart and passionate people that are interested in making a difference in our customers, our team, our culture.