Senior Tax Accountant
4Front Ventures (CSE: FFNT / OTCQX: FFNTF) is a fast-moving national cannabis grower, distributor, and retailer headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona with active operations in Massachusetts, Michigan, Illinois, Washington, and California. Focusing on Excellence, People, Integrity, and Courage, 4Front Ventures is building a responsible and people-focused company that consistently produces high-quality products, ensures access to cannabis through top service and affordable brands, and provides value through job creation and community engagement. From plant genetics to the cannabis retail experience under the Mission Dispensary brand, 4Front’s team applies expertise across the entire cannabis value chain.
The Senior Tax Accountant is responsible for applying business knowledge and accounting expertise to provide a wide range of financial advice and support to the finance team. They will offer guidance on companywide tax preparation, month end close, daily and monthly reports, and Finance best practices while facilitating a positive relationship between personnel and senior management.
- Complete State and Local tax return preparation, filings, and payments for partnership and corporate income tax returns, sales tax returns, excise and cannabis tax returns, and property tax returns.
- Provide tax accounting support to the financial reporting team
- Review state tax apportionment calculations and state add-back/subtraction adjustments
- Create and validate data used in compliance process, such as with apportionment or state modifications
- Report state and local tax credits and incentives
- Strategize to continuously improve the State and Local tax accrual and compliance processes within tax operations by identifying and implementing best practices (including technology solutions)
- Help plan and manage the state compliance process, including estimated payments, extensions, audits, and tax return preparation
- Ensure filing deadlines are met
- Conduct State and Local direct tax audit functions in response to inquiries and requests from regulatory authorities
- Prepare and archive complete documentation on State tax positions and issues
- Make recommendations on business and process improvements
- Work cross-functionally through the operation and maintain a hands-on “lead by example” approach
- Facilitate minimization of corporate exposure on all forms of taxation
- Review, research, and respond to tax notices and other various tax issues that may arise for corporate entities.
- 21+ and currently residing in the USA
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Masters Degree (preferred)
- CPA or Enrolled Agent (preferred)
- Financial accounting, 3 years experience (Required)
- Financial statement preparation, 3 years experience (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office versed, including advanced Excel fluency
- Mastery of GAAP standards
- Excellent communication skills
- Indoor / office environment
- Confined workstations in close proximity to other employees
- Repetitive and continuous arm, hand, and eye movement
- Overlapping background conversations
- Long-term sitting at a desk/cubicle in front of a computer (all expected activities)
- Lift and carry materials weighing up to 25 lbs.
- *NOTE: Must be able to operate a variety of standard office equipment including a computer, telephone, calculator, copy, scanner, and fax machine. Indoor/ office environment
Salary is DOE
We are building a hard-working, diverse team that is excited to be a part of the evolving cannabis industry. Our team values a friendly, vibrant, and enthusiastic workplace. 4Front Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Benefits of working with us include:
Employee Discounts (one of the highest in the industry)
Health, Vision, Dental Benefits (company paid at 80%)
Sick Pay/PTO Accrual
Employee Assistance Program
Casual Work Environment
*NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.