Project Manager- Compliance
4Front is a fast-moving national cannabis grower, distributor, and retailer. As advocates and pioneers who have helped set the tone for what this industry becomes, we’re building a responsible, values-based and people-focused company that informs regulation through practice, ensures access to cannabis through service, and provides value through job creation and community engagement.
4Front currently owns, operates or manages cultivation and production facilities and retail facilities across 5 states with headquarters in Arizona. We operate one of the largest cannabis-product manufacturing facilities in the world where it produces some of its top-selling brands. On the retail side, 4Front believes it has invested heavily in building a scalable and customer-centric retail model, including best-in-class training and support.
From plant genetics to the cannabis retail experience, 4Front’s team applies expertise across the entire cannabis value chain. As we grow, we will always look for ways to use our platform to replace prohibition with opportunity. We see that as a noble calling. It’s worth working hard to accomplish it.
The Project Manager of Compliance will focus on overseeing the Compliance department to ensure we are within regulations as required by the Cannabis Control Commission. This role consists of all actions necessary to maintain compliance, including, but not limited to, creating processes, audits, updating employee files, and completing establishment license renewals. This person will work closely with the VPs of MA and HR to ensure that all potential issues are proactively being addressed as well as maintaining compliance throughout our licenses. Other responsibilities also include incident reporting, scheduling trainings, and updating SOPs. The ideal candidate for this role is detail-orientated, self-motivated, and organized.
*NOTE: The facility contains confined spaces that may only be accessible by ascending/descending stairwells while traveling throughout building. Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time, bend, kneel, squat, and twist. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proactively gather and submit all Medical and Recreational Agent Licensing Renewals for our three Massachusetts locations.
- Work with each individual employee
sto gather needed documents for state clearance
- Oversee the background check, medical, and recreational portals for each location
- Accurately file updated employee information such as headshots, attestation forms, valid forms of ID.
- Complete monthly audits to ensure all agents and background checks are compliant and active.
- Work to renew our annual establishment licenses, both State and Municipal.
- Work with outside engineers to gather data and reports for annual Energy Compliance renewal including data on the building envelope that meets MA Building Code requirements, data on the number and types of lights used, data on the HVAC system and updated safety protocols to protect workers and consumers. This is required for both Worcester and Georgetown in separate processes.
- Work with HR to ensure that all Diversity Plan and Positive Impact Plan goals are being met including coordinating career fairs in underrepresented and minority communities, ensuring that cultural training is provided, developing relationships with diverse local suppliers, ensuring job opportunities are sent to community partners, and collecting data to report on progress toward Diversity and Positive Impact Plan goals.
- Work to develop and implement Brookline’s Diversity and Inclusion goals, measure progress regularly and ensure that these goals are being met
- Manage annual community meeting in Brookline to provide abutters and community residents with an opportunity to comment on operating practices, policies and plans
- Manage with Brookline’s Town departments to complete the site plan review for annual license renewal including gathering and updating floor plan, customer queuing plan, and business plan
- Manage with Brookline’s Transportation Department to provide an annual Traffic Demand report including oversight of monitoring program to collect traffic demand data including number of customers, modes of transportation, and on-street parking locations
- Work with departments to audit existing SOPs for compliance and completeness. Ensure that all changes to the regulations have been incorporated into current SOPs. Make recommendations on required changes to SOPs
- Attend weekly Commonwealth Dispensary Association calls and report latest updates to management.
- Bachelors Degree (required)
- Process improvement, Compliance, Data Management and Auditing Experience, 1+ years
- Cannabis Industry Experience, 1+ years (preferred)
- Advanced Communication, Organizational, and Computer Skills
- Microsoft/Outlook proficiency
Salary, exempt, $60,00-$75,000 experience dependent
A few more important things to note: We want anyone interested in exploring opportunities at Mission, 4Front and/or Brightleaf to feel prepared and confident. To help you put your best foot forward, if selected for an interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about our company, mission and the business area in which you are applying to. Get to know us: Mission 4Front Ventures and Brightleaf Development
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer- not only because it’s right but because it makes us better. In fact, our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veterans’ status, or any other basis protected and applicable legally protected characteristic and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking forward to meeting with driven, smart and passionate people that are interested in making a difference in our customers, our team, our culture.